Pakistan Veterinary Medical Association was established on 9.4.1986 with the following objectives.
- Provide a forum for the development of Veterinary Animal Husbandry profession.
- Create conditions conducive for development of brotherhood amongst the Veterinary Animal Husbandry Scientists.
- Provide technological exercise for the development of livestock/poultry production and on scientific lines.
- Organize symposia and seminars for exchange of latest information on advancement in the profession.
- Develop a code of ethics as ordained in Islam and infuse sense of accountability amongst the members of the professions.
- Provide a medium for the dissemination of applied scientific information.
- Disseminate proper know-how with regard to maintenance of public health and control of zoonoses.
- Create a “Trust” to look after the welfare of the members of the profession.
The association has more than one thousand registered members which have been registered as and when one acquires required registration criteria mentioned in memorandum and articles of association for registration.